Royal Harbour and historic waterfront
The Royal Harbour’s visual appeal and the leisure activities available in it have a key role to play in rebuilding Ramsgate’s reputation as the UK’s essential maritime destination for visitors.
It is part of Ramsgate’s historic waterfront which, with the town beyond, offers a wide range of leisure and retail activities (bars, restaurants, cinema and shops). For the visitor, the area includes award-winning beaches, seal watch trips (in season) and excellent public transport.
Existing marina facilities
The Royal Harbour accommodates a marina for local and visiting leisure craft. The Yacht Harbour Association presently recognise the marina’s facilities with the award of 4 Gold Anchors, The extensive facilities include:
- secure, dedicated permanent and visitor berths;
- 24 hour access to the sea from the Outer Harbour;
- petrol and diesel available 365 days a year;
- full repair facilities ashore and afloat;
- water and electricity readily available;
- a modern amenity block with free showers, toilets and coin operated launderette facilities;
- 24 hour security, with CCTV surveillance;
- wireless internet;
- a 40 tonne boat hoist servicing both a secure boat yard or lifts to/from transport;
- 3 haul out slipways which can accommodate vessels up to 60 metres in length and 700 tonnes in weight;
- recycling points;
- access for people with disabilities includes selected moorings, wheelchair accessible amenity block with dedicated showers and toilets;
- chandlery, sail loft, slipways, boat park and brokerage;
- dedicated parking;
- a hospitable yacht club overlooking the Royal Harbour Marina;
- a thriving waterfront with many bars, cafes and restaurants; and
- recently refurbished and updated units along Military Road to service the yachting community.