Help us to achieve our commitment to promote best environmental practice in the operation of our marina (Version 1.0)
Ensure that all hazardous wastes are disposed of correctly:
- Dispose of all waste oils and oily water in the appropriate containers at the dedicated waste facility in the boat park.
- Ensure that all batteries deposited in the appropriate area the marina (If in doubt ask a member of staff).
Minimise waste going to landfill and to recycle wherever possible:
- Reduce, re-use and recycle. Use the recycle facilities provided in the
Use resources sustainably:
- Consider electric or bio-diesel engines, water lubricated stern glands or vegetable oils.
- Ensure wood is sourced from responsibly managed forests.
Ensure that the waters are clean and healthy to sustain wildlife:
- Ensure the legal limit for hydrocarbon discharges into water is maintained (1 drop per 2 litres of water or 15mg/litre).
- Detergents may disperse oil from the water surface and reduce the visual impact, but they can be toxic to aquatic life in themselves.
- Develop a culture of reporting that encourages all staff to bring to the attention of the Harbour Master anything that is, or potentially a threat to the environment.
- Regularly monitor the water, electricity, and gas consumption with the aim of checking efficiency and reducing the consumption using alternative methods.
- Work with the Council to meet objectives for air quality and reduce Harbour and Port emissions.
- Review and audit the Environmental policy to maintain its relevance and effectiveness.